MEET provides financial grants and technical support, in order to promote sustainable environmental management and natural resource utilisation practices at community level.
The following are some of the objectives:
- To provide financial and technical assistance to a range service providers to enable them to develop or enhance their capacity to work effectively with communities.
- To enter into partnership with environmental and conservation related business ventures that have clear positive ecological and socio-economic impacts.
- To support effective and widespread environmental education and information campaigns that raise peoples’ understanding of the state of their environment and the roles they can play in solving local environmental issues.
- To support the establishment and development of networks, partnerships and associations that will improve the implementation of Environmental and Natural Resource Management (ENRM) activities.
- To support the adoption of efficient, appropriate and renewable energy technologies and sources through cooperation with the private sector, service providers and appropriate community based interventions.